In March this year, Tracey Parkin clocked over a 10 year milestone being with our office.
It honestly doesn’t seem that long ago when she started as a part-time administrator with just myself in the Miranda office in 2008.
Since that time, Tracey has utilised her experience and motivation to be instrumental in the development of our office culture, work ethic and client driven focus.
For our clients, Tracey has been the person with the happy demeanour on the telephone, or a welcoming chat when you walk into the office. Given it’s been 10 years, I suppose it’s due time for everybody to get to know her better with 60 seconds of fame!
Tracey winning the National Practice Manager of the Year Award (Millennium3)
Q & A with Tracey Parkin
1. When did you start with our office, and what is your role?
March 2008. My role is now the Practice Manager.
2. Before working here, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had?
Armed Guard at HMS Dolphin in the United Kingdom, I was in the Royal Navy.
3. Are you messy or organized?
4. Best vacation spot you’ve been to?
Within Australia, Kangaroo Island SA. If you have not been it is a must, get away from the hustle ‘n’ bustle of Sydney. Lapland at Christmas was a magical place too.
5. Do you have a favorite newspaper, blog, movie?
6. Name 3 people, dead or alive, that you would invite to dinner?
I am probably supposed to say someone famous, however my family live in the UK so I would have to say my mum and sister. I would also love to see my dad again who passed away 3 years ago.
7. If you could only drink one beer or wine, for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Has to be Champagne
8. Least favorite Food?
9. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Going for a walk with my Cocker Spaniel, Ben. I also enjoy Yoga too.
10. What is the last joke you recall?
Nope you got me here, I don’t know any jokes at all!
11. What one food do you wish had zero calories?
12. What would people never guess you do in your role?
This is a tough one, as I tend to do anything that is needed. Even the cleaning!
13. What would you most like to tell yourself at age 13?
Don’t stress and worry – it will all work out
14. Where is your favorite place to eat?
Any Thai restaurant
15. What’s the most recent app you’ve downloaded but are yet to use?
Calm, a meditation app
16. At which store would you like to max-out your credit card?
17. What is the nerdiest thing you do in your spare time?
18. What is your favorite cereal?
Don’t have one, Banana and Yoghurt for breakfast instead
19. What are three things still left on your bucket list?
I don’t actually have one, maybe I need to start one
Below:- Sarah Broady and Tracey at the 2014 Office Christmas Party